Sunday, December 28, 2008


Merry Christmas


I hope you all had a good Christmas, mine went really well. I spent it with the team here, and we all enjoyed eachother (at least I think we all did :) The first picture is of all of at our team Christmas party. The Jones', the Maks, the Lais, me, and then the Careys. 



These next few pictures are of Christmas day. Dane Jones has wanted a guitar for months now, because Travis Carey has one and Dane wants his own to take home. Well Uncle Ben (Ben Carey) bought one for him for Christmas. He was so happy, and this next picture is of him yelling "A guitar!!!" as he unwrapped it 



and then the following picture is of Travis and Dane jamming on their guitars. 



Then of course there is one of Jenna as she tried on Uncle Ben's present from the Kragt's (the field director and his family who are on furlough at Crown College). 



Sarah Carey's parents are here for a visit right now, and it has been a blessing having them here. 

These past few weeks the sun has been hiding. The next picture is probably with first we had seen of it for awhile, but it has been showing itself more and more the past few days. Berlin is often very grey and it also likes to rain a lot here though we did get a few snow flurries on Christmas day which was a very nice surprise. 



Last Conversation Cafe I had the opportunity to fill in for Sarah Carey and I was able to teach the English class. It all went smoothly which was nice. If you could pray for CC (conversation cafe) that would be great. Lots of Germans would love to be able to refresh their english, but because of lack of helpers and poor advertising we believe that CC has not reached its full potential as a ministry and that many others could come and join if they knew about it. So could you pray that we are able to advertise it better thie coming new year and that more people would start coming? Thank you!

I still have not gotten my visa yet, so if you could continue to pray for that as well that would be great! I am planning on going in the next few weeks, and hopefully I get it without a hitch, otherwise there could be problems. If everything goes well then I will be starting language classes the 12th or 13th of January. 

One more thing before I leave, I will have to record for you how loud it gets here in Berlin on New Year's Eve. I have heard its quite the scene. I hope you all have a great New Year!!

In Christ, 
Abbi


1 comment:

Stacey B. said...

Love reading about your Holiday time, but you didn't say whether Andrew was there too.;) I'm glad that i get to talk to you on skype and thanks so much for calling me at midnight Berlin time on New Years Eve so I could share the noise with you. You are in my thoughts and prayers daily. Love you and write on here more often girl.