Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Wow, I am really bad at this whole blogging thing :)

Since I last wrote a few things have happened...

I got into the language school and then went to get my visa. We weren't sure whether or not I would be able to get my visa seeing as we lacked some of the correct papers. So me and Don set out at 7:45am in the very cold weather and stood in line outside the visa office for almost two hours. When they finally opened the doors, it was like a stampede. There were about 100-140 people in line by the time they opened the doors. We went in and got a number and had to wait maybe a few hours longer before we were out of there. Fortunately the lady who we talked to was really nice and said since I wasn't going to be in the country that long that she wouldn't push us about the insurance papers. So that was a praise!

Language school is going really well. I go Monday-Friday for about 3 hours a day. They speak no english to us, just German so we kind of have to understand. Its amazing how much I can understand after only taking a week of class. I have made some friends from the class, most of the being Spanish. We all went out last week sightseeing.

Sorry to make this short, but the baby is crying. My prayer requests right now are that I would be a bold witness to everyone at school and that the funds for my staying here and taking language classes would be provided. Thank you and God Bless!!!

Abbi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice Blog :)

I also take a language visa in germany. there i visit a language school in berlin to improve my german language skill. I can only recommend to make this experience, because you learn a lot about the culture, citys and people there.