Thursday, October 16, 2008

First two days in Berlin



I switched planes in Amsterdam, and it was awesome looking out the window as we came down, because all the greenhouses were lit up. I had to rush through the airport to catch my plane, which ended up being delayed a half hour, Praise the Lord!
After I arrived Don Jones and his daughter Jenna met me at the airport. We then drove back to the Jones' house. Basically all day they just tried to keep me up (I was up for more than 30 hours) so that I could get used to the time change quickly. We went to the Carey's for dinner, and then hung out there for awhile. Below is a picture of (left to right): Dane and Jenna Jones, Travis and Hannah Carey. 


Today I spent some time getting to know the Carey kids, me and Travis had a good time playing with trains, and Hannah and I just hung out. Then I came back to the Jones' and we had Spaztle (sp?) which is a German egg noodle with bacon chunks and onions mixed in, and then cheese on top. Its very yummy. Then I spoke to some wonderful people on my computer thanks to Skype and Facebook. And now it is time for bed (I am 6 hours ahead of most of you). Thank you all for reading. Goodnight!!!
~Abbi

2 comments:

Stacey B. said...

It was so nice talking with you on Skype today. You are in my prayers and look forward to many times of chatting. I will be going to the P-burg/Southview game tomorrow night to do stop motion photag at the the game. Love you till later ... still plan on talking to you though tomorrow night for you

b.harbauer said...

Hey Abby, seems like you're getting adjusted well! Mmm!!! Spatzel (sp?) is one of my favorites!

Another one of our favorites, and again, i'm not sure on the spelling is Henner Schnitzel. I also like, but not as much Veener Schnitzel. :P Yum!

Take care, looking forward to the next update!